January 19, 2016

menswear and other androgynous things

Dsquared2 Fall 2016



Sure, there is inspiration galore to be found at the women's shows but I am liking and looking more and more to menswear for ideas, color combinations and silhouettes. Especially for my style which is casual. While I often fancy myself wearing a lovely, chiffon flowing dress and super-high Mary Janes from Gucci, alas, it remains a dream for the most part. When I am going to wear that?Don a dress and heels to go for my morning coffee at the corner cafe? Hardly. Or when I pack up my laptop to go work at the library? Definitely not. Life as a freelancer does not call for particularly fancy, feminine dress. I will continue to follow all my lovely shows in New York, London, Paris, Milan, Berlin, Copenhagen (wait, I'm almost done), Tokyo, Seoul, Moscow, Kiev and Sydney and certainly continue to find things I like and can occasionally wear but the menswear shows do hold a fascination for me.

Baggy pants (although not quite as baggy as Monsieur above from the Dsquared2 show) and a great coat? Hell yes.


Dsquared2 Fall 2016 fabulous #coat

Trussardi Fall 2016 fantastic #colors

Giorgio Armani Fall 2016  slim, fitted jacket on top with loose trousers = cool comfort

Giorgio Armani Fall 2016
The above looks from Armani? I would definitely wear that outfit to the opera, ballet or concert. The one on the right. The woman's look.

Here is to androgyny. For more menswear: https://www.pinterest.com/Lola999/menswear/

photos all courtesy of Vogue Runway

No comments: