October 2, 2015

disco fever, Lady Gaga and Tom Ford


"Instead of having a traditional show this season, I decided to try something new," Ford told WWD. "I wanted to think about how to present a collection in a cinematic way that was designed from its inception to be presented online."

The results? Disco Fever! Not bad although can't for the life of me see it as 'cinematic'. It's a music video with bad editing. Don't get me wrong - it's appealing and will certainly get all the fashionistas, celebrities and celebrity stylists in a tizzy. You can be sure Tom Ford will grace many an editorial, magazine cover and red carpet pagentry. The editing is a little off in parts - like so not cut to the rhythm. I attribute that either to a bad editor or models who can't dance to the tune. Either way: kind of fun but nothing new really.

Music video directors have been doing this for years and most way better than Tom Ford. 

No comments: