June 12, 2015

style stories #87: ballerinas

gstyle stories #87: brown bag


when did ballerinas come back in style? I have a photo of Kate Moss in my mind from 10 years ago. I think that might have been the moment when they became en vogue again. Since then, I've embraced this little flat shoe (although mine are anything but little). The ballerina has faded somewhat into the wings - greek sandals are currently enjoying their 15 minutes of fashion fame and must-have status. I like both and when you look back to the sixties and seventies, both types of summer footwear never really left. Audrey Hepburn wore ballerinas in 'Funny Face', and any hippie worth their weight in beads wore the simple strappy sandal all year round (at least where I grew up). The focus shifts; the classics remain which is why I'm pulling out my ballerinas tomorrow. I love them and they're forgiving when my feet have that summer patina from walking around barefoot all day.

abercrombie.com

Abercrombie Fitch blue skirt
$34 - vestiairecollective.com

Oasis shoes
$28 - oasis-stores.com

Jimmy Choo brown handbag
$1,170 - farfetch.com

No comments: