June 10, 2015

style stories #85: the white shirt




a white shirt is one of those items everyone agrees on is a staple of anyone's wardrobe. By definition, therefore, it's worth spending a bit more on. You don't have to but you can. I bought a white tailored shirt from Hugo Boss 10 years ago. By tailored I mean 'tailliert' i.e. form-fitting. Since it was such a great fit, the same shirt in black also hangs in my closet. Both colors require care (sweat stains, neck grease - the usual) so I did have them dry-cleaned intermittently (once a month, the other times I washed them by hand) You know what? Both shirts are  holding up well even though the black shirt may need replacing as it's acquiring that green shimmer peacocks have. Patina. Character.

Long story short: looking forward to a cooler evening out with my white (long-sleeved) shirt and a pair of comfy washed out jeans. Yep. I do. Hail to a cool white shirt. And the cool white t-shirt. You need both.








Daria Werbowy


Miranda Kerr

No comments: