June 2, 2015

red carpetry: the CFDA Awards 2015


Karlie Kloss
We open the show with Queen Karlie Kloss in Diane Von Furstenberg. Simple, delightful, fresh. A bowl of strawberries and cream.

Zachary Quinto and Gigi Hadid
The Row, run by those Olsen Twins, won. For the second year in a row. In case you were wondering. The Council of Fashion and Designers Awards has been described as the fashion world's Prom and I think, whoever said that (Fashionista?) is spot on. So here we go, the hits, the misses. Gigi Hadid and Zachary Quinto belong to the best and win the Lola for "gorgeous, stunning, fabulous". That Michael Kors Swarovski-encrusted jumpsuit is divine.
Alexander Wang and Anna Ewers
Anna Ewers in Alexander Wang. Punk on.

Joseph Altuzzara and Liya Kebede
Joseph Altuzzara and Liya Kebede: the first person I've seen with the gladiator sandals I like. Most likely because Ms. Kebede has legs up to there; the proportion works.

Wes Gordon and Saskia de Brauw
Wes Gordon and Saskia de Brauw in fabulous (Wes Gordon's resort collection for 2016 is fabulous too - just saw it -  tt's the "I'll have one of each" phenomenon). Saskia's pants are pinks I can live with. Cool.
Emmy Rossum and Paul Andrew
Emmy Rossum with Paul Andrew.  Is this Wednesday all grown up? I expect Lurch and Cousin It at the party too.
Vanessa Traina Snow and Francisco Cost

I'm loving the pseudo monks robe cum knight in leisure wear on Ms. Snow. All by Calvin Klein of course.
Erin Fetherston

Claudia Schiffer lookalike Erin Fetherston in a lovely gown. This is a gown that works across all ages. I know. I know. I don't like ageism in any shape or form but some styles do work across the board.

Juliette Lewis and Christian Siriano

Juliette is wearing Christian Siriano (I guess that was the object of the pairings) and enough cannot be said of the benefits of shared laughter. 
Pamela Love

I remember Ms. Love won something or other for her jewelry. That show on HBO with Anna Wintour. A rival to Project Runway. Anyway, I do like her dress and shoes but I'd see this for an afternoon tea and cakes event. 

Alek Wek

Alex Wek is wearing H&M Conscious. Alex Wek gives us a lovely moment of theater. 

Hanne Gaby Odiele
Ms. Odiele is wearing Esteban Cortazar. Ole!

Taraji P. Henson
Cookie is wearing Vera Wang. Flawless from head to toe. 

Misha Nonoo and Bella Hadid
Odette/Odile in jumpsuits. Well done ladies. Although I have no idea how you're going to escape when Rothbart comes to change you back into swans (how do you walk gracefully with those overlongs?) 

Peter Copping
Peter Copping has just presented his second collection for Oscar de la Renta and recently departed from Nina Ricci. So, he's gone from creating the Nina Ricci Girl to the de la Renta Girl. I shall be watching. Definitely love his resort 2016. Rather fabulous. 

Marcus Wainwright, Glenna Neece, Gucci Westman, David Neville

the lads behind Rag&Bone. Honorable mention because they design great clothes and shoes.



photos courtesy of style.com

No comments: