March 11, 2015

no sugar challenge: day 2 and 2 1/2

In case I forgot to mention it, I am opting for the 'no chocolates and no desserts' version of this challenge. I occasionally put sugar in my coffee - maybe twice a week - so not a huge sacrifice giving up on that for 20 days.

Yesterday went well but I did have a headache in the evening (a common occurance when you do any sort of detox) and I woke up with a splitting headache this morning. Oh well. Maybe it's the wind? I'm pretty sure rat feces dust flew into my mouth while walking to work* But the sun is shining so it'll be okay. My rather huge breakfast should last me till late afternoon. Drinking lots of water and looking forward to an espresso with lemon juice (headache killer).

Tip of the day: an apple a day. Yes, apples are sweet but it's nature's sweetner not synthetic or artificial.

*I blame Leslie Jones for birthing that phrase.

No comments: