April 30, 2012

honorable mentions best dressed: White House Correspondents Dinner 2012

photo of Kate Hudson courtesy of fashionscanner.com
As I mentioned in the previous post, honorable mentions four more ladies: firstly, Kate Hudson in Jenny Peckham. The color is lovely, the hair and all the rest too. I'm not a huge fan of the glitter thing though: a bit frumpy but I suppose appropriate for a political event.
photo of Zooey Deschanel courtesy of popsugar.com
Zooey Deschanel in an Oscar de la Renta gown. Hair is Zooey, the powder blue nails a nice detail that works well with the gown. No jewelry which I also like: she lets the gown shine. Classy. Only critique I have: similar to the last strapless dress Ms. Deschanel wore at the Paul McCartney thing, this one is precariously close to 'oops'.

photo of Irina Shaky courtesy of popsugar.com
Model Irina Shaky in a white jumpsuit (Tom Ford? Reminds me Gwyneth Paltrow's Oscar look somehow) Irina graced the cover of last year's "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition" (not difficult to figure that out). She is dressed model-appropriate in that you don't need to know her name to see she is a model and she looks trendy but suitably covered up. I like it.

photo of Martha Stewart courtesy of popsugar.com
Martha Stewart wearing short. And I hate the term age-appropriate, I'd rather use the term 'personality appropriate.' Good length, okay style. If she'd have worn round-toed pumps rather than these pointy things, she would have actually looked cool but then again, I suppose it would have gone against her 'personality' suitable style. But honestly, pointy shoes make her (and everyone else's feet) look at least two sizes bigger. That's why I hate pointy shoes. Otherwise she looks quite nice; conservative but nice.


No comments: