August 24, 2010

It's Tuesday, August 24th

I haven't written anything specifically for my blog in a while. Why? Because I have been writing for two sites that pay about 1 cent per hit. So far, 92 cents is the total gross from suite101. No idea how much revenue I've garnered on rantrave.com. But you can't beat under a dollar for 14 articles.

The thought has crossed my mind, in recent days, that maybe I should aim higher or rather, try selling an article to a magazine that pays more than $1. Surely, can't be that difficult?

The backdrop to all this writing glory is the Standard Hotel in West Hollywood. Yes, sounds all glam. To a certain extent it is, of course. The weather is awesome here. Yet, this coming Thursday I'll have been here for two months. One month with friends and family. The last three and a half weeks I've been all alone - me and my writing. The experience has been enlightening.

That's all. Kind of. You see, I'm a traveller by nature. I did that whole barnyard thing for a while but I couldn't really get into it.

No comments: