August 9, 2010

Gorging on TV


It's Sunday night in LA and Monday morning in Vienna. I have spent the weekend gorging on TV, despite the fact that I posted a rant on rantrave.com recommending savvy viewers to turn the TV off. (my valid excuse: experiments and research and I have to watch a year's worth of TV ahead of time, before I get back to Vienna)

I just reckon that lots of people, especially here, are snagged by the trap TV lays out for unsuspecting victims. Ads for food, ads for meds, shows about food, paid programming to lose the weight you've gained while watching all that crap TV.........it's a vicious circle. Maybe I should do a "Confessions of a TV-aholic" thing......Not that I'm a TV-aholic.( Let's face it, television in most of Europe is so bad it's impossible to spend that much time in front of the boob tube. ) I was lucky. I was pulled, kicking and screaming, out of the TV trap at a fairly early age.

Anyways, I caught up with "Desperate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy" and I've seen my 32nd rotation of all the "I Love Lucy"'s. Awesome.

Geez, I think my brain may have turned to mush. Hope it holds out till 10.30. "Entourage" is on.

No comments: