January 1, 2010

Advice for writers: don't waste a single day

I found this article here. The below excerpt is all you really need to read. And clearly, its not solely for writers. The advice applies to anyone who wants/needs to get anything done. Don't we all? I'll be honest, I am posting this as much for me as for anyone who reads this. I need a good kick in the butt. Keeping this in mind will get me where I need to go. Do it. You can.

- What are your writing goals this year? Finally, make that list. It doesn't have to be grand, like Writing the Great American Novel -- it just has to be something you've always wanted to do but have never made the time for. When you outline your goal(s), think about how you can use time to your advantage -- this is the one time all year in which you've got 12 months (52 weeks, 365 days) in which to work on your goal. Don't waste a single day. If you start out strong, you'll find yourself inspired, you'll get into a routine, and you'll accomplish more than you ever thought possible.

No comments: